mercoledì 5 novembre 2008

il discorso della vittoria di Barack Hussein Obama



SENATOR BARACK OBAMA: (Cheers, applause.) Hello, Chicago. (Cheers, applause.)

If there is anyone out there who still doubts that America is a place where all things are possible, who still wonders if the dream of our Founders is alive in our time, who still questions the power of our democracy, tonight is your answer. (Cheers, applause.)

It's the answer told by lines that stretched around schools and churches in numbers this nation has never seen, by people who waited three hours and four hours, many for the first time in their lives, because they believed that this time must be different, that their voices could be that difference.

It's the answer spoken by young and old, rich and poor, Democrat and Republican, black, white, Hispanic, Asian, Native American, gay, straight, disabled and not disabled -- (cheers) -- Americans who sent a message to the world that we have never been just a collection of individuals or a collection of red states and blue states; we are and always will be the United States of America. (Cheers, applause.)

It's the answer that -- that led those who've been told for so long by so many to be cynical and fearful and doubtful about what we can achieve to put their hands on the arc of history and bend it once more toward the hope of a better day. It's been a long time coming, but tonight, because of what we did on this day, in this election, at this defining moment, change has come to America. (Cheers, applause.)

A little bit earlier this evening, I received an extraordinarily gracious call from Senator McCain. (Cheers, applause.) Senator McCain fought long and hard in this campaign, and he's fought even longer and harder for the country that he loves. He has endured sacrifices for America that most of us cannot begin to imagine. We are better off for the service rendered by this brave and selfless leader. (Applause.) I congratulate him, I congratulate Governor Palin for all they've achieved, and I look forward to working with them to renew this nation's promise in the months ahead. (Cheers, applause.)

I want to thank my partner in this journey, a man who campaigned from his heart and spoke for the men and women he grew up with on the streets of Scranton, and rode with on the train home to Delaware, the vice president-elect of the United States, Joe Biden. (Cheers, applause.)

And I would not be standing here tonight without the unyielding support of my best friend for the last 16 years, the rock of our family, the love of my life, the nation's next first lady, Michelle Obama. (Cheers, applause.)

Sasha and Malia, I love you both more than you can imagine, and you have earned the new puppy that's coming with us to the White House. (Cheers, applause.)

And while she's no longer with us, I know my grandmother is watching, along with the family that made me who I am. I miss them tonight, and know that my debt to them is beyond measure.

To my sister Maya, my sister Auma, all my other brothers and sisters, thank you so much for all the support that you've given to me. I am grateful to them. (Cheers, applause.)

And to my campaign manager, David Plouffe -- (cheers, applause) -- the unsung hero of this campaign who built the best -- (cheers) -- the best political campaign I think in the history of the United States of America -- (cheers, applause) -- to my chief strategist, David Axelrod -- (cheers, applause) -- who has been a partner with me every step of the way, to the best campaign team ever assembled in the history of politics -- (cheers) -- you made this happen, and I am forever grateful for what you've sacrificed to get it done. (Cheers, applause.)

But above all, I will never forget who this victory truly belongs to. It belongs to you. (Cheers, applause.) It belongs to you. (Cheers.)

3 commenti:

  1. Non leggo l'inglese, ma oggi si sono lette e sentite tante traduzioni.
    Io penso che Obama sia sicuramente meglio di Mc Cain, ma penso anche che le due maggiori formazioni politiche americane non siano troppo diverse tra loro.
    In un articolo (di cui spero di riuscire a lasciare il link) si legge:
    "...Obama è indiscutibilmente uomo del sistema americano, interno alle compatibilità capitalistiche dei suoi gruppi dominanti, proprie di quella che è tuttora la più grande potenza imperialistica del pianeta. E il sostegno ricevuto “dalla voce del capitale mondiale, il Financial Times, qualcosa vorrà pur dire”...".
    Io condivido questa lettura...
    E' possibile leggere tutto l'articolo qui

    RispondiElimina
  2. @ Franca e Daniele: dell'elezione di Obama penso che abbia un fortissimo significato simbolico perché nero con ancora radici in Africa. Poi penso che possa davvero rappresentare sul fronte della politica interna una grossa opportunità per migliorare il sistema americano che abbandona i più svantaggiati a se stessi; difenderà la legge sull'aborto e in linea generale i diritti delle minoranze. Circa la politica estera, a parte non dichiarare nuove guerre, il che comunque non è poco (e spero di non sbagliarmi)credo che non ci saranno novità di rilievo; non penso che affronterà il nodo Palestina in modo diverso, tanto per fare un esempio, ma forse saprà dialogare con l'Iran.
    vedremo.
    ciao, marina

    RispondiElimina

Non c'è niente di più anonimo di un Anonimo